Tove Kindt-Larsen 1901～1982 and Edvard Kindt-Larsen 1906～1994
Tove and Edvard Kindt-Larsen played a significant role in the development of Danish furniture design through their involvement with the Cabinetmakers' Guild Exhibitions from the 1930s to the 1960s.
Tove and Edvard married in 1937 and together established a studio to work on furniture design, jewelry, accessories, textiles and architecture. Edvard was a trained architect and first gained recognition from a grand-scale hotel project by the lakes of Copenhagen. Tove studied under Kaare Klint at the Department of Furniture Design at the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts after years of designing furniture.
Kindt-Larsen's importance for the Cabinetmakers' Guild Exhibitions has its very own special chapter in Danish design history. Not only did they participate with their own designs, but Edvard Kindt-Larsen became head of the exhibitions from 1943-1966. Together they organized the exhibitions and in retrospect it is evident, that they made a great contribution to the shift in Danish tradition, that ultimately resulted in consumers buying individual pieces of furniture instead of acquiring complete living rooms.
Danish Modern Museum reviewed Kindt-Larsen's design archive in 2017. It was done partly for the purpose of register the archive and partly for future cooperation on potential relaunches of their designs. The project resulted in a relaunch of the sofa “Pagode”.